Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I get my Student Certificate and Transcript?
  • You have to apply from your Student Information Processing System (OBIS).
    • You can get your electronically signed document requests from your student information page.
    • You can get your wet signed document requests by visiting the Registrar's Office.
2. How long is the period for objection to midterm grade, final grade and resit grade?
  • Sınavları sonunda ders başarı notlarına itirazı olan öğrenci, dersin kodunun bağlı bulunduğu ilgili akademik birimin bölüm veya program başkanlığına, notlar ilan edildikten sonra beş iş günü içerisinde yazılı olarak başvurabilir.
3. I could not take midterm and final exams, is there a make-up exam?
  • There is a make-up exam.
4. How and when can I apply for midterm and final make-up exams?
  • It is required to apply within 5 working days from the date of the exam of the course by filling the Make-up Exam Application form on the website of our university.
5. Who can take the resit exam? Is it necessary to submit an application or a petition?
  • Anyone who has an FF course can take the resit exam.

6. What is a conditional grade?
  • If the GPA of that semester is above 1.80, the courses with letter values as DC and DD are named as "Conditionally Passed" course.
7. Under what conditions is it considered successful from conditional courses?
  • If the GPA of that semester is 1.80 and above, they will be deemed to have passed DC and DD courses.
8. When are DC and DD considered to fail?
  • If the GPA of that semester is below 1.80, they will be considered unsuccessful from the conditional courses.
9. When are the courses taken because the GPA is below 1.80 with DD and DC?
  • They must be taken in the current year.
10. How many ECTS can be taken in a semester?
  • You can take lessons as much as the total ECTS specified in the curriculum you are studying.
11. What is the grade point average required to graduate?
  • To graduate, a GPA of 2.00 is required.
12. Who are considered graduates?
  • The student who is successful in all courses in the curriculum of the department or program in which he / she is enrolled, completing two hundred and forty (240) ECTS at the undergraduate level and one hundred and twenty (120) ECTS at the associate's degree level, increasing the weighted grade point average (GPA) to at least 2.00, and who has fulfilled the compulsory internship obligations (if any) is deemed to have completed his / her education and the diploma stated in the 28th article is given to him / her with the decision of the relevant academic unit administrative board.
13. Who can take the single course exam?
  • Single course exam is the right to take the exam given on the dates specified in the academic calendar for the students who have not completed the maximum education period defined in Article 44 of the Law numbered 2547, fulfilling the condition of attendance from all courses for their graduation and obtaining an FF grade from only one course.

14. How many credits can be taken in summer school?
  • It is determined each year by the decision of the University Senate.
15. What is the summer school fee?
  • Each year a fee is paid according to the credit cost determined by the Board of Overseers.
16. I am studying at another university. Can I take a summer course from your university?
  • All students studying at another university can take courses from our university. There is no credit limit for these students in the summer school.
17. What should I do in order to take courses from your university's summer school??
  • First, you need to apply to your university by determining the courses you will take in the courses to be opened in our summer school.
  • Accordingly, your university must allow you to take courses from our university.
  • In this case, you can register for the courses offered by our university in the summer school.
18. Which courses can be taken in summer school? How many weeks is summer school?
  • Courses determined by the Academic Units are opened every year and you can enroll in these courses.

  • Summer schools consist of 7 weeks.

19. What is the passing grade in summer school?
  • The passing grade in summer school is CC.
20. Can a student of our university register for a summer school at another university?
  • If the course is not offered at our university, it can be taken from another university in summer school, with the suitability of the relevant academic unit.
21. I lost my student ID card. I want to get a new card?
  • You can get your student ID card from NISHCARD located in the campus..
22. Where and how can I get my diploma? Do I have to pay?
  • Diplomas are given by the Registrar's Office in return for signature to you or to another person to whom you will give power of attorney.
23. Do I have to bring anything to get my diploma?
  • You must have your student ID and identity card with you when you come to get your diploma.
  • If you have received your temporary graduation certificate before, you must bring it with you.
  • When you come to our university, you need to fill in the "Graduate Exmatriculation Form" and get approval from the relevant departments to deliver your diploma.
24. Can the diploma be sent by cargo?
  • Since it is signed in the registry book, the diploma cannot be sent by cargo.
25. How are military procedures done?
  • Your military service procedures are done online by the university through YÖKSİS.
26. I cannot login to my Student Information Processing System (OBIS), it gives User and Password errors. What should I do?
  • You can request to reset your Student Information Processing System Password by sending an e-mail to [email protected].

27. How can I choose the courses from the Student Information Processing System?
  • You can do this on the dates in the academic calendar from the “Registration Renewal” tab of the Student Information Processing System.
28. Where can I find course registration dates, exam dates and other related information?
  • When you click on the Student Affairs tab on our university's web page, you can follow the academic calendar of that year.

29. Where can I learn my exam grades?
  • You can see your Achievement status document on Student Information Processing System.
30. What is the academic year?
  • It is an academic year that is studied and consists of at least two semesters.
31. What is the Academic Calendar and where can I find it?
  • Academic Calendar is a scheduling guide that the student will use for an academic year and is published on the University website. It is a guide that includes registration and examination periods and important application dates. You can reach it from the link
32. How can I reach the Student Affairs Office?
33. I graduated from a two-year program. How can I complete it to four years?
  • With a central examination (Vertical Transfer-DGS) held by ÖSYM for the transition from a 2-year associate degree program to a 4-year undergraduate program, you can complete it if you are placed in a 4-year program.

34. How can I apply for the Vertical Transfer Exam (DGS)?
  • If you are a graduate of Vocational School or a senior student, you must apply to ÖSYM on the application dates determined every year by ÖSYM.

35. When I enroll to the university with the Vertical Transfer Exam, are my courses in the previous program I graduated from count?
  • Yes, there is an exemption procedure. In order for our students who are placed with DGS to be exempt from the courses they have taken before, they can apply to the secretariat of the relevant academic unit together with the official transcript (grade status document) showing the courses they have taken from the Associate Degree program and the course contents by filling out the Course Exemption Form. The exempted courses are determined by evaluating the application.

36. How is internal transfer (changing department) done, who can apply?
37. What is a Double Major? Who can apply?
  • Double major education is the enrollment of a student enrolled in an undergraduate or associate degree program in another undergraduate / associate degree program in order to obtain a second undergraduate or associate degree.
  • The quota of students who will do a double major cannot be less than the number of students who are in the top 20% of the major diploma program in terms of success in the relevant class of the major diploma program, provided that their GPA is at least 2.72 out of 4.00.
  • Must meet the special requirements of the program applied for. (Prerequisite courses and success ranking)
38. What is a Minor? Who can apply?
  • Minor education is that a student enrolled in an undergraduate program takes courses from a second undergraduate program in order to increase their knowledge. The registered undergraduate program is called a "major", and the undergraduate program application that has been accepted is called a "minor".
  • The student can apply to the minor program at the beginning of the third semester at the earliest and at the beginning of the sixth semester at the latest.
  • In order to apply to the minor program, the student must successfully complete all the credit courses taken in the major undergraduate program until the semester s/he applies, his/her GPA at the time of application must be at least 2.50 out of 4.00, and must meet the other requirements of the program s/he applies for, if any.
39. How can I get an Istanbulkart (paso-iett travel card)?
  • Travel cards of new students who are placed in Nişantaşı University with ÖSYS are given during registration. Students who do not have a travel card or who lost it are required to make an individual application to IETT. You can get information from the link

40. There has been a change in my address and / or contact information. What should I do?
  • You can renew your address and contact information from your Student Page. "Your phone numbers and e-mail addresses must be updated to change the password you use to enter the student page or for our academicians and administrative staff to reach you in important situations."

41. How can I freeze my registration?
  • For illness, documenting that there is no other person to look after in case of an emergency illness of first degree relatives, natural disasters, education abroad, being drafted by removing military service postponement, detention and other reasons deemed justified by the relevant board of directors; upon the request of the student, with the decision of the relevant board of directors, the student may be given a maximum of two semesters at once in associate degree programs, and a maximum of four semesters at once in undergraduate programs.
  • The student makes the request for freezing of registration in writing (the registration freezing form on our university website) directly to the relevant academic unit secretary.
42. How can I cancel my registration?
  • Registration cancellation cannot be done by mail. The student must personally apply in writing. However, in special cases, on the condition that the financial obligations have been fulfilled, the student may cancel his registration from the university through his/her legal representatives (notarized).
  • The student makes the request to cancel the registration in writing (the registration cancellation form on our university website) directly to the related academic unit secretary.
43. Where can I get information about the contents of the courses?
44. Is there any obligation to attend classes?
  • 80% of language preparatory classes in one semester; 70% attendance to theoretical courses and 80% to applied courses such as laboratories and workshops are required. The attendance requirement for Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Air Traffic Control and Aviation Electric and Electronics undergraduate programs is 90%.

45. What should I do if I fail a course I took?
  • A student who gets an FF grade from a compulsory course has to repeat this course in the first semester it is offered, within the rules regarding credit amount and course selection. A student who gets an FF grade from an elective course repeats this course or can take another elective course instead of this course.
46. Who is the academic advisor?
  • An advisor is assigned to each student by the relevant academic unit secretariat as of the first year, upon the recommendation of the department where he / she is registered. At the beginning of each academic semester, our students have their course schedules approved by their academic advisors. Academic advisors direct students to take courses according to their success or direct them to elective courses according to their interests. Any changes in the course schedule are approved by academic advisors. You can see who your academic advisor is and contact information on your Student Page.

47. What is Semester GPA (SGPA)?
  • The grade point average at the end of an academic semester.
48. What is the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)?
  • The grade point average of all the courses you have taken until the current semester.
49. What is the Grade Increasing Exam?
  • Students who, despite being successful in all courses, cannot complete their graduation requirements only because their GPA is below 2.00, is given an exam right for a course they choose, provided that they can raise their GPA of 2.00 or above. In this exam, there is no restriction in terms of the highest grade and the grade obtained as a result of the exam replaces the previous grade. Students who fail the supplementary exam or whose GPA cannot be increased to 2.00 or above are subject to the rules on course repetition.
50. What is the Diploma Supplement and how can I get it?

Diploma Supplement (DE) is a complementary and explanatory document issued by Higher Education Institutions along with the diploma. The Diploma Supplement helps the education of university graduates to be promoted in other countries and education systems; It also provides detailed information about the graduate's academic degree, level, content and professional competencies.

  • Diploma supplement is prepared free of charge for all graduates of Nişantaşı University in a widely used European language (English).

Benefits of the Diploma Supplement for Students:

  • Having a diploma that is easier to understand and compare abroad; it includes a perfect description of the students' academic development and competences acquired during their learning
  • An unbiased statement of the students' achievements and competencies
  • Providing easier access to job opportunities or advanced education opportunities abroad,
  • Supporting employment
51. I lost my diploma, can I get a new one?
Required documents for reissue in case of loss of diploma and certificates are as follows;
  • Petition
  • Lost-Stolen Record or newspaper advertisement
  • Photocopy of identity card

The student applies to the relevant unit with the specified documents.

52. What is the Honor and High Honor List, how can I get into this list?
  • For undergraduate and associate degree students; Those who complete their education in eight semesters for undergraduate, in four semesters for associate degree at most, with a GPA of at least 3.50 or above over 4.00 are included in the "high honor" list, with a GPA between 3.00 and 3.49 are included in “honor list”. A special document stating this situation is given to them together with their diplomas. However, students who have received disciplinary action are not included in these lists.

53. How do I get my e-mail address?